We think it’s probably pretty important for you to know what we do and what we believe in, given that you are trying to make a huge decision about who best to look after your child.
In respect to the children we believe:
- That the early years in a child’s life are the foundational years; they are born resourceful and ready to learn.
- That children are valuable members of our community and need to be treated equally.
- That all children should have access to high quality child care.
- That they are all individuals who develop and learn at their own pace.
- That they learn through hands on experiences and play. Children need time to “be children” and experience fun.
- In developing the whole child through the 5 areas of development.
- In respecting their cultural diversity.
- In fostering their learning across a spectrum of play areas.
- Facilitating their interest and developing their understanding of the world.
- In affirming the positive behaviours of each child.
- In creating a flexible, healthy, safe and secure environment.
In respect to families we believe:
- That the role we play is unique, and very important to every family.That family members are the most important people in a child’s life.
- That all families are different, with varying needs and expectations.
- In communication that is mutual and effective.
- In respecting, acknowledging and embracing their diversity through programs and resources.
- In developing positive partnerships to assist children in reaching their full potential.
- In following the requests and wishes of parents to the best of our ability.
- In offering parents professional advice and support.
- In utilising their talents in the delivery of our educational program.
- In inviting families to be a part of the whole Centre community and to support the activities of the Centre.
- In building on each child’s strengths and interests.
In respect to our program we believe:
- That the early years are the starting blocks in the developmental process and brain development.
- In providing a program that caters for the individual needs, facilitates self-esteem, independence, co-operating, sharing, creative learning and an awareness of our diverse community.
- In providing a quality program that is reflective of the developmental and curriculum areas.
- In providing stimulating and challenging experiences through open-ended activities.
In respect to our team we believe:
- That the right people are our single most important resource as a business, and our greatest asset.That happy staff create a happy and productive Centre.
- That staff are individuals and come to the Centre with varying ideas and experiences that add value to the total environment.
- That all staff need to be treated equally and with respect.
- That staff development is vital in keeping up with current trends.
- That staff need to be a part of policy development and decision making so that they can develop a sense of ownership within the centre
- In cooperation and teamwork.
- In maintaining professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- In sharing our knowledge and experience with others.
- In understanding and integrating the ECA Code of Ethics into our professional practices.
In respect to FIT KIDZ management we believe:
- In reflecting the aims of the FIT KIDZ LEARNING CENTRES mission statement within the Centre, particularly in outreach to others.
- In creating an exciting and stimulating program for our children from birth to 6 years.
- In engaging our community and utilising community resources to facilitate our learning and to enhance the education program at the Centre.
- In educating the community about the importance and value of early childhood education, and being advocates for our profession.