From the Fit Kidz Kitchen – Chicken & Broccoli Pasta
500g Chicken Breast, cut into strips
3 Heads of Broccoli, cut into small pieces
½ Onion, diced
2 Stalks of Celery, diced
2 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
1 Leek, sliced
1 Tbsp Oil
1 Packet of Penne Pasta
½ Cup Chicken Stock
½ Cup Cream
Grated Cheese (optional)
Salt & Pepper
- Wash and prepare all vegetables
- Cut chicken into strips
- Bring two pots to the boil, for pasta and broccoli, add a pinch of salt to both
- In a frying pan on medium heat, sweat the onion, celery and leek with a little oil, until soft and aromatic
- Once pots are boiling, add broccoli to one and cook for 3-5 mins or until starting to soften. Add pasta to other pot and cook.
- Add chicken strips to frying pan with vegetables, turn up the heat and cook chicken through
- Once chicken is cooked, add cream, stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta, steamed broccoli and mix together.
- Cover with a lid and let sit for 10-15 mins to thicken sauce
- Top with cheese and serve